March 2017: Most Average Home? This is the difference between a fast selling house and an affordable house!
Most Average Home in the Tri-Cities? What are the specs of a house that will sell for over a million? Over asking price?
The detached real estate market in the Tri-Cities area is quickly warming! March was an extremely busy month in terms of activity for our team. What is the average home listed for? How do fast selling homes and affordable homes differ from this average? As our last blog post was on condos, today we’ll be looking at what the detached housing market currently looks like! This includes all sold properties in Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, and Port Moody for the month of March 2017.
The Most Average Home
Out of 166 detached home sales in the month of March:
- Average Listing Price: $1,206,175
- Average Size: 2797 sqft
- Average Age: 34 years
- Average Market Days To Sale: 35 days
Using these numbers, it turns out that the most ‘average’ house that sold in March was none other than 921 Citadel Drive, Port Coquitlam. The listing realtor was Zane Patni.
AFFORDABLE SELLERS: Houses Sold Under A Million
- 33% of homes sold under $1,000,000
- The size of these homes was 31% below average
- These houses were 27% older than average
- These houses sold 24% slower than average
- 42% of these homes sold over asking price
FAST SELLERS: Houses Sold In Under One Week
- 50% of homes sold in under one week
- The size of these homes was 15% below average
- These houses were 9% older than average
- These houses were listed for 8% cheaper than average
- 50% of these homes sold over asking price
Are there any other stats you’d be interested in knowing? Drop us an email or submit a contact form and we will make that happen.
All stats are approximations using MLS data as of April 23rd, 2017 and were calculated for informal use. These stats should not be referenced for legal purposes.