The Home Seller’s Seminar was a great success. We would like to thank everyone who joined us for our home seller’s seminar last night. It was great to see so many people interested in learning more about what’s involved in selling a house.
Some highlights from the seminar
We feel that the seminar went well. We believe that all attendees were equipped with what they need to know about preparing for and finalizing a home sale. Leo was happy to share some valuable insight about the current real estate market and answered questions from the attendees.
Our guest speakers did a fantastic job of explaining what is needed to make sure your home is ready for a sale and how to finalize the process. Aaron Borsch went through the details of what is looked at in a property inspection. He also shared some great information about how to properly prepare your home for a sale. In addition, Farinaz Kovacevic did a fantastic job explaining the process of a notary and gave great advice for closing process of your house.
Come to your own personal seminars
If you missed this seminar, don’t worry, just stop by the Team Leo office for your own personal seminar. If you’re thinking about selling your home and have any questions, don’t be afraid to give Team Leo a call at (604) 936-1111 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Everyone from Team Leo would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
We are excited to announce that we are hosting a free home seller’s seminar.
The seminar is free so make sure to RESERVE a spot as we may fill up fast. Whether you are selling tomorrow, next year, or five years from now, our seminar is designed to give you the most information so you can be best prepared for whenever you sell your home.
When is it?
The seller’s seminar will take place on November 8, 2017 at 7:00-9:00 pm. Come to the Team Leo office at 100-1060 Austin Avenue in Coquitlam. We can’t wait to see you there!
What’s a Home Seller’s Seminar?
A seller’s seminar is a free conference where we discuss the necessary steps it takes to sell a house. We will explain to you step-by-step what you need to do to sell your house.
What we will be discussing
There is so much to prepare for when selling your home. At our seminar, we want to make sure you are fully prepared to face the seller’s market. We will be explaining how to:
- understand the selling market and trends,
- list your house on MLS,
- promote your property to get the most viewings,
- prepare your house for photos and home showings,
- ensure your home passes for inspection,
- accept the right offer,
- negotiate with prospective buyers,
- and make the final sale.
We even have some guest speakers coming in to go even more in-depth about what’s involved in the selling process. Chances are, one of the guest speaker’s will bring up something that you might not have even considered. So make sure you reserve your seat at the seminar.
There will be a Q&A at the end of the event for the guest speakers and realtors to answer any questions you might have. You will have the chance to meet with Team Leo and get to know them.
Freebies and Refreshments
We have some amazing things in store for you. We have put together a seller’s guide and checklist as well as a special grab bag for you when you arrive. There will also be some light refreshments and snacks to keep you energized throughout the seminar.
Reserve your seat
There are only 45 seats available so grab your seat fast. Make the most of your home and get ready to sell.
Click here to RSVP today and save your seat. We can’t wait to see you there!
Vancouver housing market
Vancouver’s real estate market seems complex and difficult. Is it a good time to sell? Is your house ready for inspection? What’s the market like? There are so many things to consider when thinking about selling your home. We want to help you understand exactly what you need to do when selling a house. Our job is to give you an experience that is as quick and seamless as possible.
Our Home Buyers Seminar was a huge success! Thank you to all of those who made it out. Your support was phenomenal and we hoped that you walked away with more knowledge than you did before coming in.
Special thank you to our guest speakers:
- Giselle Miranda Tibble – Canada Guaranty Mortgage Insurance Company
- Jane Wedekind – Scotiabank Home Financing Advisor
- Garrett Munroe – Munroe & Company Barrister & Solicitor
- Aaron Borsch – A Buyers Choice Home Inspections
This was the very first seminar we hosted on our own, and we are extremely grateful for its success. If you missed this event, don’t worry – we’ll definitely have more in store for the future!
Email us your ideas at email@example.com, or if you missed this event and would like a copy of some of the media that was shared around.
You are invited to our Home Buyers Seminar!
When: January 18th at 7 pm
Where: Team Leo office: 100-1060 Austin Avenue Coquitlam
Giselle Miranda Tibble – Canada Guaranty Mortgage Insurance Company
Jane Wedekind – Scotiabank Home Financing Advisor
Garrett Munroe – Munroe & Company Barrister & Solicitor
Aaron Borsch – A Buyers Choice Home Inspections
Matt McGuigan – Team Leo
Whether you’re a first time home buyer or experienced buyer, hear from the experts in the field, learn tips on buying real estate.
Get the details on the new first time home buyers deposit assistance from the BC Government – BC Home Partnership Program.
Sign up below to ensure a seat, let us know if you are bringing a friend. Light refreshments included!
Have you ever thought about living in Pitt Meadows?
Their mission statement is to maintain a liveable community that provides a wide range of opportunities for individual and corporate citizens to thrive in a sustainable manner.
Surrounded by the natural beauty of both the Fraser River and the mountains, this growing city features a great community dedicated to both its residents and businesses. Boating and bike riding are popular recreational activities, and you will find many parks that are dog and youth friendly.
Visit the school websites for detailed information!
The Pitt Meadows Youth Action Park on 12460 Harris Road is a wheelchair accessible park which features inline and youth action skating.
Hoffman Park and North Bonson Park are both off-leash dog parks.
The Pitt Meadows Athletic Park on 11431 Bonson Road and the Mitchell Road Park are both great locations if you’re looking to play tennis. Remember to stay respectful of others sharing your space!
As well, the Pitt Meadows Athletic Park also features multiple areas for team sports, as well as a community garden, playground, concession, and green space for on-leash dogs.
This city is home to the Pitt Meadows Museum, along Harris Road. Pay them a visit to learn about the city’s history!
The ACT Arts Centre and Theatre is run by the devoted Maple Ridge Pitt Meadows Arts council – a not for profit society shared by the two cities and devoted to building vibrant arts and culture. Check out their Facebook Page for a quick event overview, or take a look at their program guide.
Looking for a home in Pitt Meadows? With a full service real estate team with over 50 years of combined experience, Team Léo will help you find the right home.
For more information about Pitt Meadows, visit their website.
Team Léo is proud to be a part of the Cross Canada Referrals network!
For many years the Cross Canada Referrals Group (CCR) has been the #1 referral team for Real Estate Agents in Canada. The CCR is independent and has only the top producing RE/MAX® Real Estate Agents from across Canada as members. Our award winning REALTOR® are the RE/MAX top agents from across this country. With mandatory requirements to be part of this team you are ensured you will be getting a market leader as your REALTOR®. Our outstanding records make us the No.1 source for your relocation business.
CCR’s outstanding performance and experience in the real estate industry ensures the best possible quality of customer care. Our CCR REALTOR® are here to help you, whether you are a buyer or seller planning to invest in Canadian property.
CCR realtors are the top of the top performing RE/MAX agents. In fact RE/MAX professionals lead the industry in terms of experience, education and sales. In Canada, they average 15 years of experience, and across the network, hold a higher number of professional designations than associates of any single competitor. RE/MAX dominates virtually every market in Canada, in terms of market share. On average, RE/MAX outsells the competition 3-1 across Canada. RE/MAX on average is growing at an even faster pace supported by over 30 years of brand name development, referral services, promotional support and other benefits which today are an integral part of the RE/MAX network of over 113,500 Sales Associates in about 5,880 offices in 62 countries worldwide. RE/MAX has the network to provide the best real estate experience throughout the world.
If you’re looking to find a new home in Canada, you’ve come to the right place! Get in touch with us today to get started! You’re in good hands with Team Leo.
Buying a condo? Check strata minutes off your list.
Telling you that the real estate market in Greater Vancouver is hot is like telling you that water is wet. We’ve had an extraordinary number of people in the month of May with both buying and selling real estate.
A lot of buyers are in the market for condos – with this comes a nice stack of paper we like to call strata minutes. What do we do with them, and why are they important?
- Read all available minutes in chronological order. This will usually answer any general questions you have about how the building operates. We will always request the most recent two years. Be sure to keep a list of any unanswered questions you might have!
- Understand your responsibilities. Requesting copies of referenced reports can tell you about insurance policies and claims, how your monthly strata fees will be spent, which parts of the property belong to you and to the strata, as well as the potential future costs you (and the strata) may collectively incur.
- Understand your restrictions. Some condos have strict pet or rental bylaws which have been put in place for a good reason, but may not fit your personal needs. These restrictions will also tell you more about the strata environment you live in (example: if there is a no-rental restriction in place, your neighbours will most likely be fellow condo owners).
- Pay attention to specific complaint reports! On top of understanding the condo community, you also get to know your neighbours and get a sense of units or areas in the building you may have difficulty cohabitating. Sketchy neighbours are difficult to deal with.
- Have a competitive edge when placing offers! By reading these minutes and documents ahead of time, you are in a better place than other potential purchasers of the property in that you already understand the building, and can remove the subject to review these documents. Remember that your REALTOR can request these documents for you quite easily – another reason why you should use a REALTOR when purchasing property.
Our professional real estate team is a proud member of RE/MAX, and we want to share our distinctive real estate experience to clients in the Coquitlam, Port Moody and Burnaby areas
When you choose a RE/MAX Sales Associate to sell your home or help you purchase a new home, you’ll experience a high level of service.
First, RE/MAX Associates are The Hometown Experts With a World of Experience®. Across the globe, they make their living in the same communities in which they live. They’re the people next door, or just down the block.
Consummate professionals, RE/MAX Associates, on average, lead other agents of competing brands in advanced real estate education and production. That’s why they’re known as “The Real Estate Leaders®” and why no one in the world sells more real estate than RE/MAX.
The proof of quality service is in repeat customers and in customers who refer RE/MAX Associates to their friends. Many RE/MAX Sales Associates derive a high percentage of their business from repeats and referrals.
RE/MAX Associates lead other real estate agents of competing brands in professional designations, which denote specialized training and education. They dominate the Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR), Certified Relocation Professional (CRP), Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) and Leadership Training Graduate (LTG) ranks.
Why list your home with a RE/MAX Associate? Your home may be designated as a Miracle Home®. If it is, your RE/MAX Sales Associate will make a contribution on behalf of the listing and/or sale to the local hospital affiliated with the Children’s Miracle Network. The funds raised in your community remain in the area to benefit local children.
FOR ALL YOU’RE WORTH®
On average, RE/MAX Associates sell more real estate than other agents. They are better-qualified to set the right price for the homes they list, better-equipped to market those homes, and likely to find a buyer in a shorter period of time. That experience and education also means they are better-qualified to find the right home for any buyer.
The real estate network that has the most competitive advantages to offer both home buyers and sellers will be an industry leader, and RE/MAX is that network. No one in the world sells more real estate than RE/MAX.
When you look for the highest-quality real estate service, look to a RE/MAX Associate. RE/MAX Associates are “The Real Estate Leaders®”.
On average, a RE/MAX Associate spends about $10,000 each year on personal promotion and on individual and group advertising. Personal advertising plus national television advertising and Internet exposure generates the highest number of prospects in the industry.
The revolutionary RE/MAX Concept of enabling real estate professionals to maximize their business potential has evolved into an organization of more than 120,000 Sales Associates in more than 6,600 offices.
THE RE/MAX BALLOON LOGO
The red, white and blue RE/MAX Balloon, with its “Above the Crowd®” slogan, is one of the most recognizable business logos in the world. With more than 90 RE/MAX Hot Air Balloons around the globe, RE/MAX has the world’s largest commercial balloon fleet.
THE SIGN THAT BRINGS YOU HOME®
The famous red-over-white-over-blue RE/MAX yard sign and your RE/MAX realtor lead you to properties in areas in which you’ll want to live and work. If you want to sell your property, the RE/MAX yard sign attracts buyers.
AN INDUSTRY LEADER
RE/MAX was the first real estate network to be involved in more than 1 million transaction sides in a single year. Each transaction or sale consists of two sides, the listing side and the selling side.
With offices in more than 60 countries worldwide, RE/MAX is one of the fastest-growing real estate franchise networks on the planet.
MAIN STREET. NOT WALL STREET.®
Being locally owned and operated, RE/MAX offices are staffed with professionals who live in the area they work in. Thus, committed to their local community, they have a deep personal interest in the customers they serve.
HOME OF THE BEST AGENTS®
In a business environment of mergers and acquisitions, RE/MAX is the only major real estate network still owned and directed by its founders. The excellence of RE/MAX Broker/Owners and Sales Associates has led to an ever-increasing number of accolades from the business community at large. In January 2006, “Entrepreneur” magazine ranked RE/MAX among the top 10 franchises in its annual Franchise 500 survey. It also named RE/MAX “Best of the Best” for real estate services; No. 9 overall in “America’s Top Global Franchises” and No. 11 among “Fastest-Growing Franchises.” Additionally, Inman News awarded RE/MAX a 2006 Innovator Award for “Most Innovative Brokerage/Franchise/Realtor.”
MORE THAN 40 YEARS “ABOVE THE CROWD®”
RE/MAX – now an established industry leader – celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2013 and looks ahead to even greater real estate achievement in the years ahead.
Leo Bruneau is a RE/MAX sales associate based in Coquitlam that shares the company’s unique real estate approach in dealing with prospective homeowners and sellers within the Greater Vancouver area. For inquiries about our team and our services, visit the contact us page and accomplish the web form.
Why should I use a REALTOR to buy a home?
A real estate agent can help you understand everything you need to know about the home buying process.
Not all real estate licensees are the same. Only members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (NAR) are properly called REALTORS ®. They proudly display the REALTOR “®” trademark on business cards and other literature. REALTORS ® are:
- committed to treat all parties to a transaction honestly.
- subscribed to a strict Code of Ethics and are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate.
An independent survey reported that 84% of home buyers would use the same REALTOR ® again!
Real estate transactions are one of the biggest financial dealings of an average lifetime. Transactions today usually exceed $500,000!
- If you had a $500,000 income tax problem, would you attempt to deal with it without the help of a certified professional accountant?
- If you had a $500,000 legal question, would you deal with it without the help of an attorney?
Considering the small upside cost and the large downside risk, it would be wise to work with a professional REALTOR ® when you are buying a home.
If you’re still not convinced of the value of a REALTOR ®, here are more reasons to use one. Your REALTOR ® can help you with:
- Determining your buying power – that is, your financial reserves plus your borrowing capacity. If you give a REALTOR ® some basic information about your available savings, income and current debt, he or she can refer you to lenders best qualified to help you. Most lenders – banks and mortgage companies – offer limited choices.
- Your home search, providing multiple resources. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market, and it will take some investigation by your agent to find all available properties.
- The selection process by providing objective information about each property. Agents who are REALTORS ® have access to a variety of informational resources. REALTORS ® can provide local community information on utilities, zoning, schools, etc. There are two things you’ll want to know: First, will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? Second, will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell?
- Negotiations and inspections. There are many negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs and furnishings or appliances. The purchase agreement should allow time for you to complete appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. Your agent can advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required.
- Due diligence during the property evaluation. Depending on the area and property, this could include inspections for termites, dry rot, asbestos, faulty structure, roof condition, septic tank and well tests, just to name a few. Your REALTOR® can assist you in finding qualified responsible professionals to do most of these investigations and provide you with written reports.You will also want to see a preliminary report on the property title. Title indicates ownership of property and can be mired in confusing status of past owners or rights of access. The title to most properties will have some limitations; for example, easements (access rights) for utilities. Your REALTOR ®, title search company or attorney can help you resolve issues that might cause problems at a later date.
- Guiding you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly.
Have more questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604 936 1111!
If you’re like most buyers, a home is the most expensive purchase you’ll ever make, and you’ll probably need some form of financing.
There are many lending institutions that offer a variety of mortgage products. Financing options and rates can vary widely, so it is important to do your research and shop around to ensure you get the mortgage that best meets your needs at the best price.
We would be happy to refer you to some very good mortgage contacts in Coquitlam, or to help you in any other way that we can to secure the best possible rate for your home purchase. Drop us a line at 604 936 1111 or email@example.com!
Use this mortgage calculator to assist you in making some decisions around financing your new home: